FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
November 25, 2013
Workshop Series Kicks Off Sunday, Dec 1:
‘Writing for Work, Writing for Self, Writing for Survival’
PROVIDENCE, RI – Need help with your writing? Looking to share what you’ve composed with a larger audience? Time to start securing grants for work? There is help available.
“Writing for Work, Writing for Self, Writing for Survival” is a workshop series being organized and led by Reza Clifton – an award-winning writer and media producer who has written creatively for nearly 3 decades and as a journalist, project manager and grant writer for 10 of those years. The Writing for Survival workshop series will include sessions on writing daily and overcoming writer’s block, writing and presenting for drama and performance, writing to win grants and manage projects, and sharing poetry and essays online.
The classes will be held every Sunday in December at The Mediator Fellowship, 50 Rounds Ave. in the Reservoir Triangle section of Providence, RI. Attendees will be able to pay per class ahead of time or on the day of the class. Interested participants can all also pre-register for all four sessions at a discount, and scholarships/discounts are available (email firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire).
The first class will be held this Sunday, December 1 from 3:30-5:30 PM. It is recommended to anyone planning to attend sessions 2, 3 and/or 4 and for anyone that…a) is looking for strategies to meet the goal of writing daily; 2) wants techniques to overcome common obstacles like writer’s block and project completion; 3) seeks to meet and connect with a new group of diverse writers.
For more information, email email@example.com or call 401-217-9680.
Writing Workshop Series
- Writing for Work
- Writing for Self
- Writing for Survival
- December 1 – Session 1 – Intro, Writing Daily, Overcoming Writer’s Block and Other Obstacles
- December 8 – Session 2 – Writing for Drama, Performance, and Public Speaking
- December 15 – Bonus Session / Open Mic / Performance Opp for Students
- December 22 – Session 3 – Grant Writing and Writing for Project Management
- December 29 – Session 4 – Sharing Poetry and Essays Online
- The Mediator Fellowship
- 50 Rounds Ave.
- Providence, RI
- STUDENT PROFILE – Community members (ages 17 and older) looking to improve their writing in a supportive, inclusive and diverse, professional yet fun environment.
- INSTRUCTOR PROFILE – Reza Clifton is an award-winning blogger and media producer, poet and grant writer with experience seeking, winning, and/or maintaining awards for media projects, health projects, educational projects, music/arts projects and civil rights/diversity work. Clifton recently launched the zine-style journal, ‘3 AM is the New Black,’ she produces weekly/monthly programs for WRIU and BSR (two radio stations in RI) and she blogs both on her own sites (venussings.com, ambitiousblackfeminist.com) and as a guest contributor for various national and RI-based media spaces.
- $30.00 per course. Click here to purchase an individual class
- $100.00 for all 4 sessions. Click here to purchase the four-class package.
- Scholarships/discounts available
MORE INFO / CONTACT: